Here’s my solution for diabetes burnout. Pick up a book with Haidee Merritt’s fabulous, funny, satirical cartoons.
You can find them on her website, as well as in my book, “Diabetes Do’s & How-To’s.” They are little energy-boosters in your diabetes instruction manual.
After all, we’ve all heard it, “laughter is the best medicine.” And, once you:
• know how many pills/insulin to take for each meal and snack
• test your blood sugar ten times a day
• get your hour power walk in
• bypass that chocolate muffin for a carrot
• do some hot, sweaty yoga to get rid of all your stress
…you are definitely ready for a belly laugh. Just don’t look down at your belly while you’re taking it or you’ll be upset all over again.