Saturday February 18th
Whether you are an adult with type 1, teen with type 1, parent of a child with type 1, loved one of a type 1, health care provider, CDE, MD, researcher, industry partner or interested party, the JDRF Capitol Chapter, which serves the Washington, DC metro area, is sponsoring this fantastic event Saturday February 18th in Bethesda, MD – and welcomes you.
While I wasn’t at last year’s event, I will be at this year’s. In fact, I’ll be moderating the dozen stand-out researchers and scientists who will be presenting. Last year’s attendees numbered more than 400 and I heard via the grapevine all thought the conference was amazing. I know this year’s event will be just as amazing, enlightening and enriching both for what you’ll learn and who you’ll meet.
So if you’re in the area, plan to be in the area, or always thought you should see our nation’s capital, come on over, we’d love to have you.
A few scheduled presentations
• Targeting A Cure For Type 1 Diabetes – Kelly Close and Adam Brown, Close Concerns
• The Hope and Promise of Stem Cells and Cell Therapies – Juan Dominguez-Bendala, Ph.D, Director of Stem Cell Development at the Diabetes Research Institute
• Current Efforts To Prevent And Reverse Type 1 Diabetes – Desmond Schatz, MD, Professor and Associate Chairman of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville
• What We Still Need to Learn About T1D – Mark Atkinson, Ph.D, Director of the Diabetes Center of Excellence at the University of Florida, Gainesville
• Until There Is A Cure – Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE, Author and Founder of Integrated Diabetes Services
The Summit runs from 10 AM to 3:45 PM. There will also be a youth program for children five years and older and an exhibit hall featuring the latest in technology and resources.
Hope to see you there among our best and brightest thought-leaders and your fellow diabetes advocates and bloggers!